Our Vision: OSU Extension, Cuyahoga County is an effective partner in helping people and communities prepare for success in a global environment.
Our Core Values
- Research based programming
- Accountability for results
- Social inclusiveness
- Responsiveness to changing community needs
- Addressing the greatest needs
- Environmental stewardship
- Volunteer service
- Creativity and innovation
Our Impact Areas
- Strengthening Families and Communities
- Preparing Youth for Success
- Enhancing Agriculture and the Environment
- Advancing Employment and Income Opportunities
How we make a BIG difference in Cuyahoga County
- We serve residents of all ages and all walks of life: Youth, community gardeners, senior citizens, first-time parents, elected officials, adult volunteers, agency staff, entrepreneurs, parents, and more.
- We leverage additional funding to broaden the types of educational programming offered and to reach more and more diverse audiences.
- We use trained, high-quality volunteers to mulitply our programming and reach throughout the county.
- We bring researchers and expertise to help address some of the county's most critical issues; such as the creation of new microenterprises related to urban agriculture and remediation of lead-contaminated soil through specialized research projects.
- We provide our programming in conjunction with all community partners, including schools, churches, libraries, local government, non-profit agencies, homeless shelters, assisted housing communities, recreation centers and many others.
- We achieve outcomes and behavior changes that promote a healthier, more productive life for residents; a better prepared work force and more profitable businesses; stronger communities; and a greener and more sustainable environment. (For a complete listing of our most recent program outcomes, please refer to ohioline.osu.edu/county/highlights/.)
- We share extension expertise and talent by providing Educator specializations across county lines in order to address common issues across a broader geographic area and allow OSU Extension to address local and state needs at a greater depth and in a more efficient manner. OSUE in Cuyahoga County is now a part of the Western Reserve Extension Education and Research Area.